Re: What is a "Manuta gondola"?

Schuyler Larrabee

AHM did a PRR S2 as well.

Schuyler

From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> On Behalf Of Daniel A. Mitchell
Sent: Sunday, December 13, 2020 12:17 PM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] What is a "Manuta gondola"?

I don’t know of any NYC 4-6-4 by AHM, but they did have a Milwaukee Road “Baltic” 4-6-4 in brass. Kind of “Plain Jane”, but typical of the period.

Dan Mitchell

On Dec 13, 2020, at 11:42 AM, Louis Adler <lsainnwa@...> wrote:

I have no idea who is the manufacturer, but until someone can specifically identify the product producer, I would not jump to the conclusion that it is not Mantua.  Why?  How many know that AHM (Yes, that AHM) produced a brass NYC 4-6-4 in the 1970's?   I actually saw the engine as it was bought by a Dallas model RR friend who brought it to the standard Friday lunch group.  As far as I know, it was the only brass product that AHM produced.

While I doubt that the gondola is a Mantua product, I would not discount it without some hard evidence.  Perhaps Mantua wanted to test the brass import waters just as AHM did..

Lou Adler