Re: Calling All Chemists - Somewhat OT

Schuyler Larrabee

A ZipLok Storage (quart size) bag can ALMOST close on a 50’ car.

Schuyler

From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> On Behalf Of Tony Thompson
Sent: Thursday, December 17, 2020 2:36 PM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] Calling All Chemists - Somewhat OT

    Gary, I can't answer your question about the produce bags, but what I have found to be very dependable over years of use is ordinary sandwich bags (the kind where you tuck in the flap to close). These protect a model from abrasion on protruding parts like grab irons, and do not seem to interact with the model surface.

     An HO scale car of 40-ft. or less fits nicely. Of course it takes two of them for 50-ft. cars . . .

Tony Thompson