WAG Gondola

Garth Groff and Sally Sanford

Friends,

While scanning old magazines for articles I wanted to save, I ran across this interesting photo of WAG gondola 125. This car is not listed in my October 1958 ORER (the only WAG gondolas at all at that time were 52' #3000 and 50' #3100, both GBs). It is a steam-era car, though probably not as a WAG car. Does anyone know where this car came from, and when it might have first appeared on the WAG? Sorry about the quality, but it was just over an inch long on the page.

The photo was taken in 1969 by Frank Tatnell, and was published in the Summer 2018 CLASSIC TRAINS. I received permission from Robert McGonigal of Kalmbach to post this photo to our group.

Yours Aye,

Garth Groff  🦆