Re: [Non-DoD Source] Re: [RealSTMFC] B&O wagon top covered hoppers

proto48er

Elden -

Thank you very much for your reply!  (I was away from my computer yesterday, so am late in thanking you!)

I am down in south Texas.  There is a photo in a 1943 issue of Oil & Gas Journal that shows one of these covered hoppers at a petroleum refinery in Corpus Christi, Texas.  So they did come to south Texas!  It was carrying catalyst for the fluid catalytic cracking unit at the refinery.  My I&I model has the wood runningboards and is painted in accordance with Jim's painting instructions for the car number that was factory painted on it.  I had looked in vain for prototype photos of these cars (only found one of the N-31 test car).

Thanks again!!

A.T. Kott