Oriental Models Inc

Andy Carlson

I have a memory which is a bit different than yours.

Some importer had a batch of passenger cars made and the builder built the industry labeled"over runs" which were extra cars beyond the ordered numbers. After several years, these cars were offered to Tony and he bought them for an attractive price. I bought a few different cars for $60 each back then. Cars were nice and featured cast trucks and not the coined crap which a lot of the Japanese built passenger cars came equipped with. Over runs were a common practice is these earlier days, and the Train Shop in Santa Clara (San Jose), CA. sold many brass items which were boxed in TS boxes and labeled thusly. I did not know that Samhongsa left business from a suffered fatal law suit. I thought he simply wanted to retire. There were so many "sons of Samhongsa" Korean builders at the time. Markets are in a state of flux all the time.
-Andy Carlson
Ojai CA

On Friday, December 18, 2020, 12:42:56 PM PST, Tim O'Connor <timboconnor@...> wrote:

Anthony Wenzel

After Oriental he started a little brass importer called AWE - Anthony Wenzel Enterprises - using stolen plans
from the Shoreham Shops (around the time when Samhongsa let Lionel use someone else's plans which led to
a major lawsuit by MTH that put Sam out of business). AWE did import a nice early welded Pullman box car.

On 12/18/2020 11:30 AM, Schuyler Larrabee via groups.io wrote:

IIRC (debatable) the owner of OMI was T Wenzel.  T was for Tony or Tom, I can’t remember which, though I think Tony.

_._,_._,_