From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io [main@RealSTMFC.groups.io] on behalf of Mont Switzer [MSwitzer@...]
Sent: Saturday, December 19, 2020 10:03 AM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] Oriental Models Inc

Andy and all,

This reminds me of Overland Models venture into Monon Steam.  They ran 3 variations of the Monon's 4-6-2's at the same time.  It was over a $1,000 to acquire all three.  I think some guys didn't buy one because they could not get all 3.  They therefore didn't sell well and there was a surplus.

Some of the surplus were sold to a dealer "out east."   If you are from Indiana "out east" is defined an anywhere east of Ohio.

Overland had a method of disposing of overruns and defective models.

1.    clobber each one with a hammer

2.    dumpster

I friend of mind had what looked like a half a refrigerator box full of the hammer stricken models.  He occasionally unsoldered various pieces and parts that he needed or wanted for projects.

Long time brass collector Tom Marsh who started and ran Overland Models as an astute business man, whether we hobbyist's liked it or not.

Mont Switzer

Mont Switzer