From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io [mailto:main@RealSTMFC.groups.io] On Behalf Of vapeurchapelon
Sent: Monday, December 21, 2020 7:29 AM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Subject: [RealSTMFC] UTLX frameless tank car - how long in revenue service?

Hello friends,

I have one of these cars:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/HO-Brass-Precision-Scale-10-000-Gallon-Union-Tank-Car-Frameless-15456-Korea/333831012602?hash=item4db9e100fa:g:DE0AAOSw3ZFf3rca

Years ago I have read these were in use until after WWII, but I am sure - if at all - then with other trucks (easy fix). But when I see how small it is and that it doesn't have a seperate frame - I wonder if this design met all requirements for any kind of service around and after WWII - does anyone of you know more?

Many thanks and greetings

Johannes