Re: Erie Gondola with Slope Sheets

Garth Groff and Sally Sanford

Ken,

You are correct. That does appear to be an MEC herald. Something of a surprise, but they needed Pennsylvania coal in Maine in those days I guess.

I confused this photo with one of L&WV freight motor 401 from the same lot, which clearly does show a Pittsburgh & Shawmut car. Note that there is also a CV car here. More coal for New England I guess. It's pretty hard to heat a house burning Moxie.  😟

Yours Aye,

Garth Groff  🦆

On Tue, Dec 22, 2020 at 10:17 AM akerboomk <ken-akerboom@...> wrote:

I’d guess the one to the left of the Erie offset-side is MEC (“pine tree” emblem)

It doesn’t looks like the P&S emblem I am used to seeing.

Ken

--
Ken Akerboom