From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> On Behalf Of Bruce Smith
Sent: Wednesday, December 23, 2020 10:28 PM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] Photo: Loading Treated Water Pipe (1935)

Bill,

Wood pipes were clearly sold through WWII (I have the advertisements!) and those were not specified as replacement only. I'm sure that they were used wherever appropriate, for example for potable water. Here's an image of a load of Armco wood pipe in a NYC gondola. After all, steel was being rationed!

Regards,

Bruce Smith

Auburn, AL