Re: Rapido GLa Hopper

Gerald Henriksen

On Fri, 25 Dec 2020 23:45:35 -0500, you wrote:

Aw so the CN cars are inaccurate?
Yep, afraid so. They're twin hoppers of the same general size and
configuration of the Gla, but many of the details are different (end
sill shape, interior and overall length, height and shape of the
crossridge). The GT/CN hoppers are a uniquely Canadian design, the sort
of thing Rapido might have done in their earlier days.
Maybe.

I suspect Rapido would question the viability of producing any
Canadian design car that primarily existed in the steam-only era given
the struggles to sell their Canadian steam locos - a clear indication
that there simply aren't enough steam era Canadian prototype
modellers.

The exception might be if they were seen a lot in the US and thus US
modellers would buy it, but I'm guessing there aren't a lot of options
in that era.