Re: Rapido GLa Hopper

Gavin

Well that's unfortunate, but I might pick up a few anyway as filler, or look for the Bowser kit. Currently I'm on the hunt for TLT 8 Hatch Reefers, and I'm hoping Atlas bought the tooling

On Sat, Dec 26, 2020, 6:00 AM David via groups.io <jaydeet2001=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
It looks to me like Rapido is aiming for the modernized PRR version
(higher rivet row for the sides of the hopper bays, and inboard top eave
angle), while the Bowser car is a post-Safety Appliances but otherwise
as-built Gla. The Rapido tooling sample still needs some work (clean up
the rivet configuration on the sides, upper taper on the side posts, add
the reinforcements on the side posts for the crossties). Unfortunately,
this means all non-PRR roadnames will not be accurate.

David Thompson