Carbon black hopper reweigh

Bruce Smith

Folks,

I'm finally finishing my RailShops Carbon Black covered hopper. I'm planning on lettering it for United Carbon Company (UCBX) for a pre-WWII built car using Mount Vernon Shops decals. Those decals and the photos in both the Mainline Modeler and RMJ articles on these cars show NEW stencils almost exclusively. Since I model 1944, that car will need to be reweighed. I realize that a car could be reweighed by any road when due, but typically, the home shops tried to get that done. Any idea of where (and the scale code) these UCBX hoppers were reweighed?

I also noticed a few photos where there does not appear to be a reweigh. Were these cars ever not subject to the reweigh requirements?

Regards,
Bruce
Bruce Smith
Auburn, AL