From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> On Behalf Of Tony Thompson
Sent: Monday, December 28, 2020 1:59 PM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] Hindsight 20/20 5.0

Garth Groff awrote:

Sanborn maps usually show railway tracks in detail.

      Only if they are simple. The area near the SP in San Luis Obispo, California shown in the Sanborn shows nothing at all in the railroad area, with the notation "full of tracks."

       The same map group shows a double-track industry service as single track, and shows a wye as a single curved track (one wye leg). I would say that Sanborn MAY show tracks accurately, but may well not.

Tony Thompson