Re: unusual models for sale on ebay

Tim O'Connor

My Dad built dozens of Ambroid, Quality Craft and other craftsman kits of that era - which he later
sold at train meets in Texas in the late 1980's. They were all expertly built and I sometimes wonder
if they're still in collections down there... I know the helium and poultry cars were among them as
was that weird NYC (?) wood gondola with sides that slanted inwards...

On 12/28/2020 5:57 PM, Kenneth Montero wrote:

AHM had a helium car made by Roco: http://ho-scaletrains.com/ahm-helium-carrier/

Ken Montero
On 12/28/2020 8:55 AM Bruce Smith <smithbf@...> wrote:

Ed,

To quote the instructions "Taper tank ends, using a dime store pencil sharpener. Use care to taper all equally."  Sadly the modeler took it a bit too far!

That's just one of the challenging aspects of this kit. I'd love to see a high quality helium car (pre- or WWII era) in resin and I've thought about building a set (they usually travelled in pairs) from styrene and resin (make one "perfect" tank and then cast the 28 or 30 needed).

Regards,
Bruce Smith
Auburn, AL