From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> On Behalf Of Garth Groff and Sally Sanford
Sent: Wednesday, December 30, 2020 11:23 AM
To: main@realstmfc.groups.io
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] Photo: D&RGW Gondola 70298 (1949)

Claus,

D&RGW 70000-70699 were indeed built in 1922 by Western Steel Car & Foundry. These were GS cars with an inside length of 46' and a capacity of 70 tons, making them something like monsters in their time. Their primary assignments were coal service, with some later bumped to limestone service on the regauged Monarch Branch.

Yours Aye,

Garth Groff  🦆

On Wed, Dec 30, 2020 at 10:22 AM Claus Schlund &#92;(HGM&#92;) <claus@...> wrote:

Hi List Members,

I think I see the date built, stencilled under the billboard letters "RIO".

It might read BLT 4-1922, but it is somewhat blurry.

Anyone know DRGW rolling stock well enough to say if I am reading this correctly?

TIA

Claus Schlund