Re: Photo: D&RGW Gondola 70298 (1949)

Todd Sullivan

Thank you, Corey.

The D&RGW GS gons and UCR gondola kits that you offer in 3D printed versions fill a gap.  I've built one of the UCR models, and it went together well and looks good.  I have a DRGW 46ft kit yet to build.  Interesting note that some UCR gondolas show up in photos hauling logs in the Seattle-Tacoma area.  I suspect the cars came north loaded with coal or copper concentrate, and were stolen for a while to haul logs.  I am modeling the NP's Grays Harbor Branch in 1952, so my UCF gon will get pressed into such service.  However I'll make sure that one of my Yard Masters sends the car back home! :-)

Todd Sullivan