Re: Sugar Beets Photo: D&RGW Gondola 70298 (1949)

Mont Switzer

I made ear corn loads and corn crib filler out of out of bird seed, painted yellow and glued to Styrofoam fillers.  We took a 2 week trip to FL and Cocoa Beach in January during which time a mouse family apparently house sat for us.  Upon our return we found that the mouse family had feasted on those bird seed loads, paint, glue and all.  A stock car converted to a corn crib had a hole chewed in it.  They ate an entire grain truck load and maybe the styrene sides.  I have yet to find those scratch built sides for the truck.  Fortunately the pot metal truck escaped any damage.  Pot metal must not have met the mouse family’s dietary needs.

Guess what I was picking up from the right of way and other locations that accommodate my (mandatory STMFC content) steam era freight cars  with tweezers?  Great way to foul a switch.

So, you might want to look for something a little less enticing.

Mont

Montford L. Switzer

President

Switzer Tank Lines, Inc.