Re: Sugar Beets Photo: D&RGW Gondola 70298 (1949)

Joseph

Spider poop on models is also a problem for my stuff in display cases.  I am fed up with the 8 legged menace!

A fellow from Bird Island MN used fennel seeds to represent sugar beets.  Dowsed  in flat finish on a strip of plastic or wood painted appropriately

Joe Binish
New Hope, MN

On Thu, Dec 31, 2020 at 10:04 AM Todd Sullivan via groups.io <sullivant41=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Mont & all -

Rodents are not man's best friend when it comes to model railroads. I had several that considered peeing on the rail of my nickel silver track was great fun. It's almost impossible to get the resulting corrosion off the rails, and mouse pee does not conduct electricity (unless it's wet - ugh!).  I had to scrub the rails with baking soda, and that mostly cured the problem, but I still have conductivity problems with spots several years later.

Fie on those pesky varmints!

Todd Sullivan