From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> On Behalf Of Charles Happel via groups.io
Sent: Thursday, December 31, 2020 11:07 AM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] Sugar Beets Photo: D&RGW Gondola 70298 (1949)

Rodents do not care for the smell of mothballs, you might wish to consider placing a few around the layout room. I have several of the four legged variety of rodent exterminators, o no problem, but the mothballs got mice out of my garage.

Chuck Happel

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid.

Unknown

On Thursday, December 31, 2020, 11:04:33 AM EST, Todd Sullivan via groups.io <sullivant41@...> wrote:

Mont & all -

Rodents are not man's best friend when it comes to model railroads. I had several that considered peeing on the rail of my nickel silver track was great fun. It's almost impossible to get the resulting corrosion off the rails, and mouse pee does not conduct electricity (unless it's wet - ugh!).  I had to scrub the rails with baking soda, and that mostly cured the problem, but I still have conductivity problems with spots several years later.

Fie on those pesky varmints!

Todd Sullivan