7-panel 6' Superior doors with even spacing for 10'0" IH

Andy Carlson

The IMWX/Red Caboose '37 AAR kits came with both Superior and Youngstown doors. You do not need to look too closely to see that these YSDs do not match very well. Apparently the CNC machine's cutting tool for the YSD's ribs broke during the door's tooling operation but the machine just kept on trucking. (The difference is that the ribs are almost square in cross section. I never paid attention to this until 25+ years ago when I was kitbashing a Youngstown door from IMWX parts and when the sections were brought together, oh my! Taught me to use the exact same donor part in these kind of kit bashings in the future.

-Andy Carlson
Ojai CA

On Thursday, December 31, 2020, 3:22:42 PM PST, Tony Thompson <tony@...> wrote:

Al Brown wrote:

There's a photo of CGW 91014 in RP CYC 35, p 224, and it too has seven-panel doors.

    Thanks, Al. The sound you just heard was the heel of my hand denting my forehead -- I was just browsing in that RP Cyc this morning but didn't happen onto that photo -- nor did I think to look. Sigh. But thanks again.,

Tony Thompson

_._,_._,_