photo search [was Re: Photo: D&RGW Gondola (1952)]

Tim O'Connor

Andy and all - I fed your photo of the men in the narrow guage gondola to two
different image search engines -

GOOGLE and YANDEX

The Google search was a complete failure. Google has no understanding of what is shown.
The "similar" photos it offered were goofy.

The Yandex search was amazing! It found all kinds of photos of gondolas and open
cars with various types of cargoes - It KNEW that the photo was of a railroad car,
of an open car, with people - and something else - inside the car. The offered match
photos spanned the 1930's to the present and most were black & white but some color
matches were found too!

On 1/2/2021 1:36 PM, Andy Carlson wrote:
For someone wishing to duplicate some elements of this scene in N scale, look at this one-piece narrow gauge high side gondola. My late friend made the pattern and I cast it it in resin.
-Andy Carlson
Ojai CA

RR-2013
On Saturday, January 2, 2021, 10:07:43 AM PST, Bob Chaparro via groups.io <chiefbobbb@...> wrote: