Re: NP 5418

Bill Keene

Wonderful work!

And a big THANK YOU for the weathering details. I presently have a couple of single sheathed box cars on the work bench and you have provided a good education in how to apply weathering detail.

Cheers,
Bill Keene
Irvine, CA

On Jan 3, 2021, at 10:48 AM, Richard Remiarz <rremiarz@...> wrote:

Yesterday I completed NP 5418, a 50’ single sheath auto boxcar built from a Speedwitch kit.  I adding Intermountain 0.088” wheelsets to the TMW Dalman trucks, Kadee #178 coupers, and HiTech Details 6038 air hoses.  The car was painted with TruColor TCP-193 NP 1930-45 Freight Car Brown.

Weathering was done by coloring random boards with Prismacolor 30% warm grey, terra cotta, light umber, Tuscan red, and sienna brown colored pencils.  Pan Pastel Permanent Red Extra Dark was used to tone down the lettering and colored pencils, followed by Pan Pastel black for weathering.  Speedwitch chalk mark decals were used, along with Polly Scale Grimy Black on the wheel faces and Polly Scale Rust on the couplers and trucks.

Sincerely,
Rich Remiarz
Vadnais Heights, MN

Sent from Mail for Windows 10