Re: Photo: Speas Company Vinegar Tank Car

Scott Kremer

It does help, thanks.  Because there are a number of photos of the tanks, etc and none of them show piping at the top of the tank I am going to assume that the piping is at ground or floor level and enters the tanks there.  Especially with outdoor tanks it may be that the piping was below ground to help prevent freezing.  Just a guess.

Scott

On Jan 3, 2021, at 9:51 PM, David Leider <sooauthor@...> wrote:

Scott,
I enjoy giving the clinics at the RPM's. I even have a few ready to go, whenever that is.
As far as a photo showing the piping, I do not have one in the book. But the diagram on page 94 sums up the process nicely, but does not show the piping. The top tank holds the pulp (Where the pulp comes from is explained on page 77). The liquid then goes to the fermentator on the next floor where it is converted to vinegar. The raw vinegar goes into the bottom tank. It is then piped into the holding tanks in the storage area to age.
I hope this helps.
David Leider