From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> On Behalf Of Mont Switzer
Sent: Monday, January 4, 2021 7:42 AM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] 50' Mather stock cars

All,

When we talk about stock cars we usually think of long cuts of them loaded with enough cattle to be called a herd.  In my part of the country there were a lot of hog farmers who took their fattened hogs to the local stock yard when ready  This resulted in single car pickups with their cars spotted for this or live loading on a local train.  This was almost always one car at a time and the hogs moved a relatively short distance.  Fifty foot cars would not be a problem for this.

Mont