Re: T-Section Trucks

Eric Hansmann

Here's a 2016 blog post on the Walthers T-section Bettendorf sprung trucks that I converted to solid.
http://designbuildop.hansmanns.org/2016/09/09/t-section-bettendorf-trucks/

I believe the Walthers products are from the old Trains-Miniature tooling. They had not been available for several years when I noticed they were listed as NEW on the Walthers website under their Proto line in the months before the September 2016 blog post.

Of course, within a few months after upgrading the ten pair of trucks and posting the work, Kadee released their version in the HGC material with solid sides.

Eric Hansmann
Murfreesboro, TN

On 01/03/2021 12:05 PM Kenneth Montero <va661midlo@...> wrote:

Walthers # 920-2007 (sprung trucks).

Kadee also makes the T-section truck with solid sides (no working springs) - # 572 and 724. The also make a leaf spring solid side truck - # 581 and 1581.

Red Caboose made a truck similar to the solid side Kadee truck, but I don't see it for sale on the InterMountain site.

Ken Montero