Re: NP 5418

Tim O'Connor

Turpentine? Does it matter what brand of paint this is applied to?

On 1/4/2021 11:53 AM, radiodial868 wrote:
Nice. I think you've also just described the standard for steam era weathering for 2021 that many of us are using. The only tweak I'm currently doing different is after painting and before the Pledge Future coat and decaling, I apply a thin wash of Turpentine and black oil paint. It gives the weathering depth for steam era cars that me applying the pan pastels at the end can't do alone.  I've also found that if you do light swipes of a tan or light gray PP on the appliances and trucks, it highlights them as you would see them if the sun was shining.
--
RJ Dial

Mendocino, CA

Sterling, Massachusetts