From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> On Behalf Of Dennis Storzek
Sent: Wednesday, January 13, 2021 10:16 PM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] Discarded sign...

David,
It's my understanding that the railroads tended to only use them on trackage not rated for "high speed", that of course being solely each railroad's decision to make in our era. Yes, the are a direct replacement for conventional frogs, but the "gathering range" of the guard flange is very short, so if wheel wear causes contact the sideways motion of the truck will be very abrupt.

Dennis Storzek