Re: Photo: SP Flat Car 43595 With Transformer Load

Paul Doggett

Guys

Owl mountain does a kit for this car and several others in the range of SP flat cars.

Paul Doggett.  England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

On 15 Jan 2021, at 20:20, Garth Groff and Sally Sanford <mallardlodge1000@...> wrote:

Friends,

This car is unusual in having leaf springs instead of coils. I couldn't find any mention in Tony Thompson's book of leaf springs. The car is an F-50-12 built in 1928-29. The two photos I found in his book appear to have coil springs, and the GA diagram has no call-outs for any special equipment.

Yours Aye,

Garth Groff  🦆

On Fri, Jan 15, 2021 at 12:53 PM Bob Chaparro via groups.io <chiefbobbb=verizon.net@groups.io> wrote:

Photo: SP Flat Car 43595 With Transformer Load

An 1937 photo from the Huntington Library:

https://hdl.huntington.org/digital/collection/p16003coll2/id/30745/rec/693

This photo can be enlarged quite a bit.

Bob Chaparro

Hemet, CA