From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> on behalf of Garth Groff and Sally Sanford <mallardlodge1000@...>
Sent: Friday, January 15, 2021 3:58 PM
To: main@realstmfc.groups.io <main@realstmfc.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] Photo: SP Flat Car 43595 With Transformer Load

Brian,

The number puts it in the F-50-12 series. I suspect it was a special conversion, maybe just for this movement and it was later returned to general service. Otherwise, why it was not renumbered or reclassed, I can't say.

This looks like a job for Tony to explain.

Yours Aye,

Garth Groff  🦆

On Fri, Jan 15, 2021 at 4:00 PM brianleppert@... <brianleppert@...> wrote:
The flat car is clearly stenciled above the left hand truck "CAPY  140000", making it a 70 ton capacity car..  So it can't be a F-50-12 class flat car, can it?

Brian Leppert
Carson City, NV