locked Re: Getting paid on Ebay

Randy Hammill

EBay is changing their setup for sellers, and eventually everybody will be required to use their managed payments instead of PayPal or other options.

Buyers will be able to use PayPal as one of their payment options.

The biggest changes for sellers is that eBay fees will be deducted immediately, and money won’t go to your account until the item is shipped. If you print labels (I don’t know if it is required offhand), the shipping cost is removed up front as well. Probably taxes too.

The money will be deposited to a bank account, not PayPal.

I didn’t see the email in question, but all sellers will eventually receive notification that they have to charge. If you are worried about a scam, don’t click on any links in an email, just go to eBay directly and log in.

Randy
--

Randy Hammill
Prototype Junction

Modeling the New Haven Railroad 1946-1954
http://newbritainstation.com