Re: Southern Pacific Rebuilt Box Car 32620

Paul Doggett

Lester

That’s another fine build.
Paul Doggett.    England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

On 21 Jan 2021, at 10:11, Garth Groff and Sally Sanford <mallardlodge1000@...> wrote:

Friends,

Actually pennies work well for house cars, are a lot cheaper ounce-for-ounce than lead, and unlike steel they are non-magnetic (unless you are using those old 1943 steel pennies). I keep a jar of pennies under my workbench just for freight car weights.

Yours Aye,

Garth Groff  🦆

\

On Wed, Jan 20, 2021 at 10:38 PM BRIAN PAUL EHNI <bpehni@...> wrote:

I try to avoid steel weights these days due to possible rust issues in the future. You should at least paint them before installing.

Thanks!
--

<image001.png>

Brian Ehni

From: <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> on behalf of Lester Breuer <rforailroad@...>
Date: Wednesday, January 20, 2021 at 8:14 PM
To: <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io>
Subject: [RealSTMFC] Southern Pacific Rebuilt Box Car 32620

I have completed the build of a Sunshine Models Southern Pacific (SP) single-sheathed rebuilt boxcar 32620 with “Pratt” truss design and Hutchins roof.  If you are interested in the build of this resin kit of SP rebuilt box car 32620 including changes and addition of parts not in the kit as resin cast Hutchins roof.  Photos and writeup of the build process including paint, lettering and weathering are now available on my blog I have to share photos and writeup of modeling projects on my Minneapolis & Northland Railroad Company.   If you would like to take a look please do at the following link:

http://mnrailroadcab100.blogspot.com/

Lester Breuer