Re: [Non-DoD Source] [RealSTMFC] Pennsy X23 HO scale

Eric Hansmann

Thanks, Jim.

I applied the pin wash as the first weathering layer. A flat coat had been applied before starting the weathering.

I had used up a bottle of Vallejo burnt umber but like most any paint bottle, it wasn’t truly empty. I added some Vallejo thinner and shook it up. That became a wash.

I would put a few drops on a plastic palette and transfer the material with a fine 00 brush. A broader flat brush (3/16-inches wide) was used to apply the wash on the roof, door, and the lowest side sill . The wash was only applied to metal parts.

Eric Hansmann

Murfreesboro, TN