Re: Who manufactured this car?

Patrick Wade

I still run an Ulrich box car. I bought it from Walther's as I recall, in the 1960's. But as I recall the outside Z bracing was pot metal though and not brass. It is one of my favorite models.

Pat Wade
Santa Barbara, CA

On Sat, Jan 23, 2021 at 7:09 PM Kenneth Montero <va661midlo@...> wrote:
Chuck,

I believe that is an Ulrich model that first appeared in 1960. See below from  from HO Seeker.com

Ken Montero
On 01/23/2021 4:25 PM Chuck Cover <chuck.cover@...> wrote:

Hi,

Looking for some help identifying the manufacturer of this model.  The model has wood sides and ends, has white metal bolsters, and has brass pieces that act as roof cross braces (not sure what to call them) and brass z-braces for vertical and diagonal side supports.  I purchased this model many years ago and it has been operating on my layout.  I would like to learn something about it.  Thanks

Chuck Cover
Santa Fe, NM