From: shile@...
Sent: Jan 21, 2021 10:58 AM
To: MFCL@groups.io, RockIslandLines@..., main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Cc: Bob Webber
Subject: Jim Kinkaid's Freight Car Photos Collection

Back in the days of the Yahoo groups, Jim Kinkaid posted a large number of builder's photos, mostly Pullman Standard, to the files area of the Modern Freight Car list.  It was not possible to migrate those photos to the groups.io platform that our groups have now migrated to.

However, through the efforts of MFCL list owner, Jim Eager and Jim Kinkaid, himself, we are now able to make those photos available again on a Smug Mug site that can be accessed from the Pullman Library website at

Thanks to Bob Webber, the curator of the Pullman Library, for making this possible.

And a special thanks to Jim Kinkaid for adding more photos to the file so that the time period extends back to include car built before the time period of the MFCL.  So, there is a lot of items of interest to freight car fans, including a nice selection of Rock Island cars for folks on that list.

Please take a look and enjoy.

Steve Hile