Re: Rail Model Journal Modeling PFE Reefers

WILLIAM PARDIE

I’m afraid that I do not have an answer to RJ’s question on a follow up article.  His post , however, does call attention to the treasure trove of articles that can be found in both the Rail Model Journal
amd Model Railroading magazines that were published about the same time.  Richard Hendrickson was a m major contributor to both magazines.  I ddid not count the number of articles in the magazine
In RJ’s post but it far exceeds anything that we have today.

In my downtime I will pull out a stack of these magazines along with Mainline Modeler.  It’s amazing how many articles I have forgotten that apply to my current projects.  It has been about fifteen years
since Mainline Modeler ceased publication and nothing has come along to replace these three magazines.

Bill Pardie

On Jan 30, 2021, at 3:55 PM, radiodial868 <radiodial57@...> wrote:

Was Richard Hendrickson ever able to do the followup article on modeling rebuilt PFE Reefers in the Rail Model Journal?  Here is the initial article on the pre-rebuilt versions with a closing teaser saying that there would be another article, but no luck in finding it so far.
 http://magazine.trainlife.com/rmj_1997_4/
(page 46)
--
RJ Dial