Re: Can someone id this model?

Rich C

I will have to agree with Fenton on the model, being Southern. One of my fellow club cronies and I were discussing Erie 40' double door boxcars for well over a month. The only end door 40' cars had radial roofs, which is inclusive to the 97400-97499. Additionally they had a few series of 40' double door types with Viking roofs. The ends on these varied from Buckeye, Inverse Buckeye and AAR standard, but no end doors. They even had a series of shop modified "raised" roof cars, but again no end doors.

Rich Christie