Re: Rio Grande decals - assistance please

Benjamin Hom

Schuyler Larrabee wrote:
"Since you seem to really want to know. I am looking to more-or-less accurately decal some troop sleepers in work train service.  The decal sheet my friend gave me, Microscale 87-73 “D&RGW Narrow Gauge Freight Cars,” does not include much black lettering and I am not convinced the “Rio Grande” speed lettering is the correct size.  I suspect there are better choices.  I want to letter it as accurately as I can, though the owner is very much satisfied with a “three-foot rule” result.  It’s >>ME<< being picky, not the owner."

You mean something like this?

Agree with you regarding Microscale 87-73 - along with the limited black lettering, the stencil breaks don't conform with the car in the photo.

Champ HN-123 might scratch your itch.  It's in black, and features four sizes of the speed lettering.  Here's an active listing:

Ben Hom