Gesendet: Donnerstag, 04. Februar 2021 um 17:34 Uhr
Von: "Garth Groff and Sally Sanford" <mallardlodge1000@...>
An: main@realstmfc.groups.io
Betreff: Re: [RealSTMFC] questions regarding ACF Carbon Black Hopper
Johannes,

Were you aware that Funero & Camerlengo have kits for carbon black cars? See http://fandckits.com/HOFreight/6310.html

Yours Aye,

Garth Gorff  🦆

On Thu, Feb 4, 2021 at 9:08 AM vapeurchapelon <j.markwart@...> wrote:
Hello friends,

please have a look to these ebay auctions of differently lettered but otherwise identical cars:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Overland-OMI-3274-4-ACF-Carbon-Black-hopper-Micronex-Columbian-Carbon-F-P-brass/233883368291?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Overland-OMI-3274-3-ACF-Carbon-Black-hopper-JM-Huber-Corp-F-P-brass/333878132958?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Overland-OMI-3274-1-ACF-Carbon-Black-hopper-Cabot-F-P-brass/233883372581?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

I would like to get one of these, but at first have questions which need an answer in order to decide for or against a purchase.
1. How many of these cars were in existence? Were they very rare?
2. Did they travel nationwide or usually not far around their owners?
3. The Micronex car is most attractive to me, but the "NEW date" is 1934 - far too early for my period of post-war years. Is this lettering scheme correct for my period that I only would have to change that date?

Lots of thanks

Johannes