From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io [main@RealSTMFC.groups.io] on behalf of Gatwood, Elden J SAD [elden.j.gatwood@...]
Sent: Thursday, February 04, 2021 10:31 AM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Subject: Re: [Non-DoD Source] Re: [RealSTMFC] OMI 3-compartment insulated tank is too big?

From the many photos I have seen over the years, there are enormous variations in capacities.  The users had varied needs, so did the tank cars.

I like the cars that had the tank capacities stenciled on the dome.

Places like USSteel’s Clairton Works shipped three different products in one car, so had similar capacity compartments.

Users that shipped clean oil in, and used oil out, sometimes had very different capacity compartments.

And those converted from single to triple compartment, often had a larger center compartment, and dome, than the outer compartments.

Things to make tank cars even more interesting….

Elden Gatwood