Re: Rio Grande decals - assistance please

Schuyler Larrabee

I just bought two of the sets Ben Hom referred me to on eBay, but if that doesn’t do it all, I’ll be back to you.  Thanks.

Schuyler

From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> On Behalf Of Tim O'Connor
Sent: Thursday, February 04, 2021 2:07 PM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] Rio Grande decals - assistance please

Schuyler

Champ HN-123 has black lettering including the "X" for mofw equipment.

Send me your address and I'll mail you the set.

:-)

On 2/4/2021 12:43 PM, Schuyler Larrabee via groups.io wrote:

Of course I am if you look at it that way.  What I was looking for and have received is a couple or useful responses from people with some direct knowledge of D&RGW equipment who contacted me off list, which is why I gave my email address in the first email.

Since you seem to really want to know. I am looking to more-or-less accurately decal some troop sleepers in work train service.  The decal sheet my friend gave me, Microscale 87-73 “D&RGW Narrow Gauge Freight Cars,” does not include much black lettering and I am not convinced the “Rio Grande” speed lettering is the correct size.  I suspect there are better choices.  I want to letter it as accurately as I can, though the owner is very much satisfied with a “three-foot rule” result.  It’s >>ME<< being picky, not the owner.

Schuyler