Re: PRECO Fan Ownership

Tony Thompson

My understanding is that shippers owned those motors and fan belts. PFE advised on what to buy.
Tony Thompson

On Feb 7, 2021, at 12:54 PM, Bob Chaparro via groups.io <chiefbobbb@...> wrote:

´╗┐

PRECO Fan Ownership

A question posted on several other groups.

Bob Chaparro

Hemet, CA

++++

Does anyone know who owned the motors that would be attached to reefers to run the PRECO fans while the cars were being loading? Was it the shipper, the railroad, or the car companies (PFE, SFRD, FGE, etc.)?
Also, I assume that the shippers were the ones responsible for attaching the motors to the cars, running them, and removing them before the car was moved. Is that correct?
Thanks in advance for any insight.
Bill Parks
Cumming, GA
Modelling the Seaboard Airline in Central Florida