Re: AP article on model railroading today...

Brian Carlson

Around 1988, I saved my allowance and did chores for a couple of months in order to afford an atlas RS 11 at $45. Even then I was modeling the steam era.  Today that same locomotive would be $100 accounting for inflation. If you shop around you can get decent locomotives for that price or less. Heck even Bachmann with DCC can be had around that price  We tend to forget inflation when looking back.

Brian J. Carlson

On Feb 8, 2021, at 9:03 AM, Dennis Storzek <destorzek@...> wrote:

On Sun, Feb 7, 2021 at 02:30 PM, Douglas Harding wrote:
Lets rethink this for a moment. Walthers has brand new Accurail boxcars on sale for $12.98.
Well, we try. The real problem, as I see it, is the disappearance of $40 locomotives to pull those cars.

Dennis Storzek
Accurail, Inc.