Re: SL-SF boxcar color help with SC II Paints

mopacfirst

Advice from somebody who can't see reds very well --

I have four Sunshine Frisco cars that will soon be ready to paint.  The Sunshine instructions (based on Floquil) suggest a color similar to oxide red.  I would probably use Scalecoat II oxide red or boxcar red #3.  But I'd be really happy to hear from somebody else with more experience or capability than I.  I do know I had seen a couple of the 32000 series cars still around, about 1970, and I think that oxide-ish color is what my photo showed.  Could have been fading, since this is a small sample size.

Ron Merrick