Re: AP article on model railroading today...

Tony Thompson

Tim O'Connor wrote:

Old guys (like us, now) have been crying about the death of the hobby since I was a child.

Very true. In this context, I always mention the editorial in _Model Railroader_ in the early 1950s, a period when MR surveyed its members every year or two. They had noted that the average age in the previous few years had been increasing, and concluded that the hobby only had a few years to run -- unless we all started vigorously recruiting the young. Sound familiar?

Tony Thompson