Re: SL-SF open-top car color

O Fenton Wells

I know little about the Frisco but the Southern did the same, flats, hoppers, gons were all black until the late 1950's (1958 ish) but it took a long time to repaint the fleet.

On Mon, Feb 8, 2021 at 9:07 PM mopacfirst <ron.merrick@...> wrote:
While we're on the subject of Frisco, I have noticed that early offset-side twin hoppers and covered hoppers, when new, were black.  Later ones were that Frisco red.  The Frisco gons of the 'Greenville' style were black when new, and I think later ones were red.  I presume the standard changed for all at the same time.  Any idea when that was?  Was it likely that there could have been Frisco open-top cars in black up to the end of this list?

Ron Merrick

--
Fenton Wells
250 Frye Rd