Re: AP article on model railroading today...

Tim O'Connor

Many bargains to be had out there on Ebay, Dennis! Those ancient blue box Athearn locos just
keep going and going... But yeah, if you shop for -current- trains the list prices remind me of when
I was a teenager and AHM locomotives (with pizza cutter wheels) listed for what seemed like
insane prices at the time (~1970) - I remember my Dad paid $50 or so (a fortune to me) for an
AHM articulated steam locomotive. Accounting for inflation that would be something like $500
today - can you imagine? :-D

The North Shore club has been buying and re-selling train collections for 40+ years... The "flea
market" tables at the Springfield train show always do a brisk business. Old freight cars with Kadee
couplers sell for $3 to $5 dollars... that's much cheaper than they were when I was a kid! (After I
take inflation into account.)

On 2/8/2021 9:03 AM, Dennis Storzek wrote:
On Sun, Feb 7, 2021 at 02:30 PM, Douglas Harding wrote:
Lets rethink this for a moment. Walthers has brand new Accurail boxcars on sale for $12.98.
Well, we try. The real problem, as I see it, is the disappearance of $40 locomotives to pull those cars.

Dennis Storzek
Accurail, Inc.

Sterling, Massachusetts