Re: F&C meat reefer prototypes

william darnaby

Is this the car you guys are referring to?  I purchased this from the Rensselaer Club some thirty years and I am sure F&C was doing the casting for them.  It does not match up with any of the Sunshine cars I have and I have at least one example of every Sunshine meat reefer and multiples of several.

Bill Darnaby

From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> On Behalf Of nyc3001 .
Sent: Wednesday, February 10, 2021 3:14 PM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] F&C meat reefer prototypes

Thanks for the info Tim. I suspect that the F&C kit is of a different prototype as it is pretty different from my WCLX Sunshine kit in a variety of ways. I really don't want to say it's a total foobie given F&C reputation for somewhat accurate models (despite variable quality in the early days), but I've never seen another reefer exactly like the kit.

-Phil