From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io [mailto:main@RealSTMFC.groups.io] On Behalf Of Dave Parker via groups.io
Sent: Wednesday, February 10, 2021 4:54 PM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] Wilson reefers.

On Wed, Feb 10, 2021 at 02:32 PM, Brian Carlson wrote:

Has anyone ever done a deep dive on history the Wilson fleet during the steam era?

No, but I took a very shallow dive.  Wilson had what I would call a medium-size reefer fleet, something on the order of 2000 cars it seems.  Data in my 1919 ORER is very sketchy.  From 1925 to 1940 (inclusive), my ORERs lack any car count data that would help identify the important cars series.  From 1945 (at least) forward there are car counts, but I am too wary of trying to backtrack the various series into the heart of the steam era.  I tried that with Swift, and it was/is an exercise in frustration.

YMMV, but that's as far as I was willing to go (or dive) with Wilson absent better ORER data.
--
Dave Parker
Swall Meadows, CA