Re: Soo Line Boxcars

Tim O'Connor

Clark

When the Soo Line Historical Society decorated the Athearn blue box kit to represent those
box cars (correct, except for 7-rung instead of 8-rung ladders) they painted the ends BLACK
but the roof is box car red like the sides.

What decals for you looking for - original or repaints? CDS made a 1955 repaint set (#75)

On 2/11/2021 10:00 AM, Clark Propst wrote:

Great looking models Bill!

I have a Soo Line question: I’ve accumulated a IM 10’6” box car, Chad Boas square corner ends and Klasing hand brakes. I was thinking of doing a Soo car. Would like to know if there was black on the cars (ends-roofs)? And a good source for decals.

Clark Propst

Sterling, Massachusetts