Re: T&P 41000-41199

Ed Hawkins

On Feb 13, 2021, at 5:13 PM, mopacfirst <ron.merrick@...> wrote:

Quick question on these cars, built by Mt. Vernon 1951 --

Was the brake reservoir mounted longitudinal or transverse?  It's not clearly obvious from the photos I have here.  I suspect longitudinal, because the mount for the transverse air reservoir on the 40000-41999 series cars is pretty obvious.

Ron Merrick
_._,_._,_
Ron,
A photo of new T&P 41018, built 10-51 by the Mount Vernon Division of Pressed Steel Car Co., shows the brake reservoir mounted longitudinally. The 3/4BR view is available from J. Michael Gruber of Mainline Photos.
Regards,
Ed Hawkins